Test shoot - Brasov Opera Theatre


This series of images was shot in Brasov, Romania during December 2012.
I wanted to see if I would be able to get a result which would look similar to Bill Henson's images taken at the Opera in Paris. Originally, I did not want to include these images in my final submission for MPP but now, due to the major set back which has been caused by denied access, I am considering using some of the photographs even if they have technical faults such as lack of focus.










The challenge was getting the focus right without looking through the view finder . That would have caught people's attention and would have lead to them noticing me. That is what I wish to avoid at any cost. The members of the audience must not know they are being photographed.
If they do, their facial expressions would immediately change and they would not allow themselves to become absorbed and fully engaged with what is happening on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment