Michael Fried - Absorption and Theatricality

Absorption and theatricality: Painting and the Beholder in the Age of Diderot.

By Michael Fried.

During my last tutorial, one of the reading material suggested is by art critic and art historian Michael Fried. I have managed to find this book online at the following link:

Absorption and Theatricality by M. Fried

I have began reading it and already found some connections to the theme I am exploring through my Major Practical Project. At the moment I am unable to reflect upon the words in the book because I required more time and thinking process to completely understand the points raised by the author.

This post will be updated along the way, as soon as I find the answers and explanations I am looking for. Reflection on the text will be made after further reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment